Picture Day Dates : May 3 - 5
Pictures are taken at Turning Pointe Dance Center,
191 Mountain Avenue, Springfield NJ.
We will have professional photographers DANCEPIX at the
Springfield location .
DancePix, a professional dance photography company is coming to take class and individual pictures of our students on
There will be no regular classes on these three days.
In order to ensure that Picture Weekend is enjoyable and runs smoothly, we ask for parental cooperation:
- Please complete the available order form envelope before picture day. Give the envelope to the photographer on picture day. If you have two children, they may be
photographed together in any package. Remember to add Shipping & Sales Tax. Packages are prepaid by cash, checks, money orders and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard & American Express). Please see the DancePix representative for payment by credit card. No child will be photographed individually without payment. No Exceptions! Make checks payable to: DancePix, LLC. Returned checks will be charged a $25 fee.
- We also offer specialty items—statues, key chains, mugs and photos on canvas and fine art paper. These will be on display at your school on picture day. They have a special-order form—please ask for it. They can be ordered after you receive your finished photos.
- Dancers should arrive on the set “camera ready”, with costumes, hair, and make-up in place before they walk onto the background.
- Please make costume changes quickly so we can stay on schedule.
- If the dance has a favorite pose, be sure to mention it to the pose and photographer.
- Because every photo gets tender loving care, you should expect to receive your finished photos by USPS Priority Mail in about 8 weeks (about 2 months) of the shoot day.
- Bring your smile & have Fun!
Students in 2nd grade and under should arrive dressed in costume, with hair sprayed/gelled back in a low bun (no bangs/no part). Their headpiece securely fastened, all props, dance shoes and dance bag labeled with name. Light makeup is optional.
Students in 3rd grade and up should arrive dressed in first costume, in full makeup with hair sprayed/gelled back in a low bun (no bangs/no part). All dancers must wear Rhinestone Performance earrings which are available for sale at the front desk for $10.
Team dancers should wear stage makeup the eyeshadow should be a Smokey Eye affect with dark grey colors and fake lashes. The lipstick should be a fire engine red.
Please do not wear nail polish, tattoos, extra jewelry, or hair accessories.